- Mega has the performance of a two-component finish without requiring any mixing.
- Based on vegetable oil, a renewable resource, making it a sustainable choice for the future (8 million kilos of CO2 emissions saved)
- Very low gloss level which makes it look almost invisible and resemble natural wood
- Excellent flow and levelling
- Partly made of renewable resources
- EC1 classification (very low emission)
- High resistance to wear, scuff marks and scratches
- Very good chemical resistance
- Low permeability
Bona - experts in wooden floor care since 1919
Bona AB is a family-owned company founded in
1919. With its headquarters in Sweden, Bona is now present in more than 70
different countries all over the world through subsidiaries and distributors.
They provide products for the installation,
maintenance and renovation of wooden floors throughout their lifetime. Today
they have solutions for professionals, homeowners and parquet producers.
Great concern for the environment
Bona has great concern for the ones working
with their solutions, living and enjoying them, and the environment affected by
their actions and products, today and tomorrow.
They strive to continuously launch better
products with less environmental impact. This has led to breakthrough innovations
from waterborne finishes in the 1970s to dust-free sanding in the 2000s. Today,
they are proud to be able to offer a full range of environmentally sound
products for sanding, finishing, fastening and maintaining a wooden floor –
throughout its lifetime.
Ensure floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment, well sanded, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination.
Coat the surface with a waterborne primer from Bona according to substrate type and personal preference.
- From bare wood:
1x waterborne Primer + 2-3x Mega
- Previously finished surfaces:
1-2x Mega + 2% Crosslinker
- Allow finish to come to room temperature and shake well. Absolute minimum temperature for use is 13oC
- If overcoating previously finished surfaces then add Bona Crosslinker to the finish before use. After having determined the quantity of finish required, first dilute the amount of Crosslinker to be added (2%) with an equal volume of water and shake well. Add the mixture crosslinker+water directly to the finish and shake carefully
- Apply the finish using a Bona Roller
- Allow to dry before applying another layer of finish. Anticipate slightly longer drying time for each layer that is applied. If necessary make an intermediate sanding using a screen or the Bona Scrad System grit P150 or finer before applying the final layer of finish. Note: If the previous layer of finish has been allowed more than 24 hours drying time then an intermediate sanding is always required
- The floor will accept light foot traffic approximately 8 hours after the final application. Allow the surface to dry for at least 1 week before covering with carpets or other floor coverings, or loading with heavy objects. Also avoid damp mopping the floor until after this time.
- The floor can be cleaned using a damp cloth and a neutral or slightly alkaline cleaning agent, e.g. Bona Cleaner, and carpets/rugs can be laid. Clean the floor with Bona Cleaner or Bona Wood Floor Cleaner and a microfibre pad.
- For maintenance and upkeep of the surface, floors should be overcoated at intervals with additional coats of Bona Mega. The frequency of this operation can be greatly reduced if Bona Freshen Up or Wood Floor Care Refresher is applied periodically. This will restore the appearance of a dull floor whilst still allowing further coats of lacquer to be applied without the need for sanding the floor back to bare timber.
Type of finish
- One component waterborne 100% polyurethane oxygen crosslinking finish
- Solids content : Approx 32%
VOC : max 60g/l (NMP-free)
- Resistance to wear : Approx 5mg/100 revolutions (SIS 923509)
- Sheen (at 60°) : Gloss: ~90%, Silkmatt: ~50%
- Mixing ratio : Ready to use, do not dilute
- Drying time, until :
- Ready for sanding:2½-3 hours*
- Light use: 8 hours*
- Full hardness: Approx 7 days*
- Application tools : Roller, lacquer brush or lightweight applicator
- Application rate : 8-10 m²/litre
- Shelf life : One year from date of production in unopened original container
- Storage/transport : The temperature must not fall below +5°C or exceed +25°C during storage and transport
- Disposal : Wastes and emptied containers should be handled in accordance with local regulations. Do not allow into drains, watercourses or landfills. Empty, drip-free plastic containers are recyclable.
*under normal climatic conditions, 20°C/60% R.H.